Monday, September 30, 2013

Meet @PrimulaBond today #RomFantasy

The Silver Chain is the first in Primula Bond's new Unbreakable Trilogy published by Avon Books at Harper Collins. It is available on ebook now and in paperback and is a must read for anyone who likes their erotica intelligent, romantic, intense, sumptuous, sexy, daring yet real, and set in glittering locations. 

Blurb of The Silver Chain:

'Being needed by someone is different from having power over them, and far more alluring, and I'm a fool for not recognising that. I'm a fool for not recognising you.'

Twin souls colliding? Or was Gustav waiting for her?

Young photographer Serena Folkes believes she's struck gold when the tycoon Gustav Levi offers to showcase her debut exhibition. But there are strings attached. Serena must move into Gustav's London town house and agree to pleasure him in any way he chooses. Patron and protegee, they are bound by the silver chain that symbolises this contract until the last photograph is sold.
             As her work sells and Gustav's demands increase, Serena surprises them both with her feisty character and eager participation. It's not such a tough ask. Gustav is exotic and intriguing. She is hungry and willing to learn. Gradually she learns what demons have driven him to strike bargains rather than to trust.  And when Gustav discovers that Serena's abusive past has almost destroyed her ability to love, he realises they are not so different after all.
             Can they plan a future together, or will a single act of betrayal return to haunt them?

Author Bio:

Primula Bond is an Oxford educated mother of three boys, part time clerk for defence solicitors and part time features writer. She has written numerous erotic novels, solo collections and short stories for Virgin Books, Mischief Books, and Xcite Books. Her recent novel The Silver Chain is the first in her Unbreakable Trilogy and published by Avon Books UK at Harper Collins.  Primula also writes critiques for Writers Workshop. She may look respectable, but she harbours a secret desire to be a cougar MILF.  

You can find her blog  at www.primulabond.blogspot.com , on Facebook, or follow her on Twitter @primulabond.

'I really loved the book - it was different - but good different.. I can't wait for book 2 - the cliffhanger really left me hanging! I want to know what happens with Serena and Gustav!'  B J's Book Blog

'I really loved it. Primula Bond knows how to write interesting, engaging and fascinating relationships.' Northern Lass

'I felt the story was quite well written and it took me a day to read as I romped through it and didn't want to put it down.'  Goodreads.

You can buy The Silver Chain at Tesco, Smiths and Morrisons, or at Amazon

1.       How long have you been writing?

I've been writing all my life since I was a little girl dreaming of being a princess. I wrote a romantic novel in an exercise book when I was eight, complete with hilarious illustrations, but one of my sisters read it out loud around the dinner table one evening, reducing my family to hysterics, which looking back on it could have killed my inspiration for good. In fact, it made me even more determined to show them, and I think I now have! Later, as a single mother, I started writing freelance articles about single parenthood, having a baby alone, and other 'personal interest' stories which seemed to hit the spot for womens' pages.

2.     How long have you been a published author?

My first erotic short story was published in 1994 as described in the blog post that follows this interview. It was written during a lunch hour when I was working for a solicitors' firm in Hampshire and the boss, in true romantic fashion, later became my husband! After writing for Forum and For Women magazines, I started having short stories published in Black Lace anthologies, which led to my erotic novels.

3.      What titles do you have available?

The Black Lace titles are Country Pleasures, Club Creme and Behind the Curtain. Xcite Books have published a solo author collection of short stories called 'Random Acts of Lust', and Mischief have 'Sisters in Sin' as an ebook novella.

4.     What made you choose the subject of this book?

I made some people laugh the other day in a workshop I was giving, by telling them that my heroine, Serena, is a feistier, prettier version of how I was when I was younger. I do some freelance portrait photography and greetings cards as a side line, and am fascinated when I get someone in my viewfinder and can study them. Serena is a photographer and an observer of people. A voyeur, so linking photography with a sexy theme. But she needs a patron to fund and launch her career, which is where Gustav comes in.

5.      Do you have any new titles coming soon?

The Golden Locket is part two of the Unbreakable Trilogy, and carries on from the cliffhanger left at the end of The Silver Chain. It comes out as an ebook on 21st November and paperback 19th December. I have moved the action from London to New York and Venice, mainly because I love travelling and it's a great excuse to revisit in my mind the amazing cities I have visited.

6.     What is your favourite genre and why?

I love the 'new' genre of erotic romance because it has taken general erotica and by making it 'respectable' I think it has been elevated to a higher standard and ideal, allowing us writers to use our own personal style of language and characterisation to create intense relationships – obviously with lots of sex and kink thrown in!

My first love is short story writing, though, and I have published a collection on Amazon called 'Stabbing the Rain'.

7.      What, to you, is the most exciting part of the writing process?

I would like to say it's starting the first line of the first chapter of a new book, but actually that moment is like pulling teeth for me and I'll do anything to avoid it – making coffee, watching telly, finding urgent reasons to leave the house and go shopping... Finishing the first draft of a new book, however rough around the edges, is a good moment, because you've given birth to the book then, and now you go back and polish and perfect it, which is much easier once the groundwork is done. But surely most writers would say the most exciting of all is when you hold that paperback in your hand.

8.     If you could co-author a book with anyone, who would you choose and why?

Jonathan Safran Foer, who wrote 'Extremely Loud and Incredibly Close' a strange book about the aftermath of 9/11 for one boy, which made me cry. The Americans have a kind of muscular way of writing, yet this was so whimsical as well and set in New  York, my spiritual home! Our joint imaginations could set the world alight, I reckon! 

9.     Where can readers find you on the web?

Do please join me at my blog www.primulabond.blogspot.com which is a pretty whimsical  place to be, talking about life and writing, and how to combine the two.

A little bit more blogging about me

My husband dines out on the fact that my first successful story, Man in a Cage, was written when I should have been typing his letters.  He was my boss at the time, and about to marry someone else. I was a single mum who let him, briefly, get away.
             I took out my frustration by bashing out this story one lunch time about a lonely singleton whose naked, helpless but hunky ex is delivered as a birthday present. In a cage. For Women magazine paid me £150 for what amounted to an hour's escapism, and so it all began.
             Since then I've published three erotic novels and numerous short stories for Black Lace, a solo collection of short stories Random Acts of Lust, the novella Out of Focus and short stories for Accent Press, and as well as Sisters in Sin the first of my 'Unbreakable' trilogy, The Silver Chain is an e-book published by Avon Books from 4th July 2013.
             It all boils down to sex.  Simples, you might think, but as Oscar Wilde said about truth, sex is rarely pure and never simple. I write about sex between consenting and adventurous adults, husbands and wives, stepmothers and stepsons, lesbians, and my particular favourite, the MILF or cougar at her most controversial.   It's graphic, strong, sometimes dark, sometimes humourous, but always sensitive. I build up relationships and responses within the kind of colourful and exotic settings where I wish I could spend my days. My characters are gorgeous, but not inaccessible, and I use scent, clothes, food and wine to heighten the atmosphere.
             What is great fun is finding erotic potential in the most mundane places – a suburban street, an office, a shop - or an unexpected moment, such as an awkward family gathering, a new wife meeting her stepson for the first time, or a PTA meeting. The challenge is exploring it subtly; a comely landlady, for instance, inflaming her lodgers with her full English, or a convent girl falling for one of the nuns..
             I've lived a little, sure, but I also mine my travels, my work, my encounters, but mostly my over-fecund imagination.  Have I been in a threesome, or been whipped by a mask-wearing dominatrix?  Read my stories and be convinced, for any erotic writer worth their bondage gear can, take you right into the heart of a story and keep you there.

Thanks so much for being my guest today, Primula.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for stopping by and sharing your thoughts.