Monday, June 24, 2013

Sable Grey and Her New Release

I first met Sable Grey a number of years ago when she asked me to be the featured author in the debut issue of a new magazine she was preparing. It was the beginning of my admiration for this wonderful lady's talent and charm. Sable is not only a gifted artist, she's an author, and a business owner - and very successful at all these jobs. I just bought her newest release, and she very graciously agreed to be my guest today, and tell you all a little bit more about herself, and her terrific new book! So, let me introduce you to the lovely Sable Grey:

BIO:

Sable Grey resides in the deep south close to family and has been writing her entire life. She currently has thirty five titles through multiple publishers. When she’s not writing, working at Cobblestone, or designing cover art, she is playing with her two dogs, Doc and Sam, or three cats, Miss Kitty, Zed, and Amber. Sable believes in writing erotic books that touch the reader’s mind, heart, and soul.

You can visit Sable here:



Interview:

Where do you call home and what do you love most about that place?

I live in Clinton, MS. It’s where I went to school and last year when my husband and I divorced I was determined to remain in the same neighborhood so I moved about three blocks away. (We are still friends so no weirdness.) My favorite part of Clinton is the Olde Towne community. You can find out more about the area here: http://www.clintonms.org/city/main-street/olde-towne-markets.php

What or who inspired you to write your first title?

I’ve written my whole life. I wrote my very first complete story as a child when my mother, in an attempt to get me out of her hair, told me to write a story about a duck, a rock, and a fork. It actually wasn’t bad. My first publication was The Pirate’s Jewel I don’t really know where the inspiration came from but I do know that I always pictured my hero to look like Gabriel Byrne. LOL (http://www.lsbooks.com/the-pirates-jewel-p590.php)

What books have most influenced your life?

Jane Eyre by Charlotte Brontë, The Talisman by Stephen King and Peter Straub, The Xanth novels by Piers Anthony, and the Wind Dancer Trilogy by Iris Johansen. The Wind Dancer trilogy is what made me want to write romance.

What book(s) are you reading now?

I’m currently reading the New Species series by Laurann Dohner. I love those books!

Can you give us an idea of what your “writing space” is like?

Oh God. My office is a small space off from the living room. The walls are a collage of pics of maps and ships, with three bookcases that I’m surprised haven’t crumbled beneath the weight of my library of history books, and a chaise lounge chair in the corner. I’ve got an antique desk that I love where I do most of my writing. It’s ALWAYS a mess. I clean it up and organize everything about once a week but in seven days time it’s a mess again. I have a small Acer that I use in the bedroom sometimes as well.

Can you tell us about your latest publication?

Charlotte’s Brides: Charlotte is the fourth title I’ve written for the Charlotte’s Brides series. Charlotte Oberman has spent years finding other worment their happily ever after. When George Landon, a severely disgrunteled client, returns his most recent mail order bride in person, she finds herself lost in a passion she never expected to have.

What inspired you to write your latest publication? Where did the idea come from?

I’ve always enjoyed the mail order bride historical so I thought to myself, why no write some. LOL

Who is your favorite character in your latest publication and why?

Oooh, I love George Landon, the hero. He’s a rancher from Texas who you think at first is just big and loud…but then he reveals his freak flag. LOL I also love Ginny.

If your publication was made into a movie, what actors would you like to see playing your characters?

George Landon could be played by Benjamin Walker or Liam Neeson or some other tough looking hottie but I’m not sure who I see as Charlotte.

Your characters are stranded on an island. Who is most likely to be the only survivor and why?

George and Charlotte are both survivors so they would definitely make it, but fight about which one saved the other.

Which of your characters is most like you (if any)?

While Charlotte is a smart ass like me, that’s the only similarity really between me and any of the characters.

Can you share your favorite excerpt from your recent publication?

“Excuse me, Charlotte; I know you said you wanted no interruptions, but there is a man at the desk demanding to speak with you.”

Charlotte looked up from the book she was reading, gaze resting on Beth’s pretty face. “You can’t handle the situation?” She returned to her book.

“No,” Beth insisted. “He will not speak with me, and he’s already sent Rebecca upstairs weeping.”

“Weeping?” Charlotte sat up straight, gaze returning to Beth.

“He’s bellowed at every one of us who have approached him. He says he will not leave until you speak with him. He says his name is George Landon.”

The name caused Charlotte to blink. Of course she knew it. She’d already sent him three women. George Landon, a rancher in Texas. So why in hell was he standing in her lobby in Boston, Massachusetts? Setting her book aside, she stood and smoothed down the red silk of her dress.

“Well, let us find out what has him so riled.” She swept forward and past Beth into the lobby. Then she stopped.

A tall, wide-shouldered man of muscle leaned a thick arm on the desk. In one fisted paw he gripped a leather wide-brimmed hat. The other ran through the thick, brown hair, pushing it from his face of hard, chiseled features. Her gaze dropped to the seat of his trousers, then wound up his back. This was George Landon?

When she started forward again, he half turned to slant a glance in her direction, then growled something beneath his breath before he straightened and fully turned to point a finger at her. “I don’t want to hear any more excuses. I told that other one I’m not leaving here until Charlotte Oberman gets her backside out here and hears me out.” His deep voice bound across the room, filled with irritation.

Charlotte lifted her chin slightly as she continued forward, halting once she stood in front of him. She arched a brow as she placed her hands on her hips. “My backside is out here along with the rest of me; how might I assist you, Mister Landon?”

His brown eyes narrowed before his gaze dipped down the length of her, then back up again. “You are Charlotte Oberman?”

“What can I do for you?”

He stared at her a moment longer before slapping his hat loudly to the surface of the desk. “You can give me my damned money back is what you can do for me. A bunch of duds, the lot of them.” He jerked his head toward the women that gathered at the door to peer out at him. “Three women. Three damned women and not one of them worth the heel of a boot.”

Charlotte frowned. It was true that the first two she’d sent to him had been mistakes. Anna had apparently met a man on the train and married him as soon as they reached Dallas. Mary, the second, had run away to God knows where, never even making it to the station. But Charlotte had been certain that Alice wasn’t the type to run away.

“Please calm yourself and tell me what has happened.” Charlotte held out her hands, palms out. She even softened her tone. “She wasn’t at the station when you went to retrieve her?”

“She was there. The minute she saw me, she started crying and carrying on and hasn’t stopped since.” He leaned toward her, eyes hard. “That was a month ago, Ms. Oberman. Now, what the hell am I to do with a weeping woman? I have a ranch to run.”

Charlotte stared at him. “Where is she now?”

“Outside crying over a broken daisy no doubt. Now you listen to me…”

“I have listened to you, Mr. Landon. I would like to see Alice now,” she interrupted.

He slapped his hat to the floor and turned to stride back out the front of the building. Charlotte bent down and picked up his hat, waving to the other women to go away, but they didn’t listen.

“I’ll take him,” Ginny called. “A bull like that can jump my fence any day.”

* * *

Are you working on anything new now? What can readers expect from you in the future?

I’m working on more of the Charlotte’s Brides stories, a shifter series, a time travel series, and am about to start the chapter a week project on my site for the second half of the free read, Heart of the Storm. The first half of the novel is available for members of my site to read already.

What advice can you give aspiring writers?

Never give up and once you are published, listen to your editors. An editor’s job is to make you look good in public!

* * * Contest * * *

Leave a comment and tomorrow I will randomly select a winner. Winner gets a free copy of Charlotte.

You can visit Sable here:

3 comments:

  1. Welcome, Sable! Thank you for being my guest today, and congratulations again on your newest release!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Enjoyed reading the interview. I am always looking for new authors to read. Your book sounds like the kind I like to read.
    JWIsley(at)aol(dot)com

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by and sharing your thoughts.