Monday, April 14, 2014

Guest: Kate Hill @KateHillRomance #RomFantasy

Welcome to my guest Kate Hill. We're going to start with a short interview, then she'll share a bit about her latest book with us! 

Has writing been something you always did, or was it a discovered talent that came to you at a later point?
I've been writing for as long as I can remember. When I was sixteen I started submitting stories for possible publication. It took about ten years before one of my stories (an erotic vampire tale) was accepted.

Do you remember how it felt when you were offered that first contract? What emotions stand out in your memory?
I couldn't believe one of my stories had finally been picked up by a publisher (Circlet Press). It felt terrific!

Is this a first book, part of a series, or the latest in a long line of many?
My latest vampire series is Weapons of Redemption. The series has five stories in all. While they can be read alone, the books are connected by a story arc.

What is the oddest thing that’s happened to you since you chose to become a professional writer?
Will it ever make it into a book, or is that a secret? That's a hard question! I can't think of anything that's too odd that's happened to me, but I tend to be an odd person in general so I guess odd is subjective!

Do you have your next book underway, or other titles in the planning stages?
Right now I'm working on the last book in my Daring Domanicos series. It's about three daredevil brothers--a lifeguard, a firefighter and a bounty hunter--who find their soul mates.

Do you have a favourite genre and why? Is it one you write in, read in, or both?
I love romance and horror. Sometimes together and sometimes separate! I write many sub-genres of romance and I also enjoy writing horror and hope to someday be published in that genre.

What, to you, is the most exciting part of the writing process? Does it change from book to book or remain the same?
For me the most exciting part is getting to know the characters. When new characters start "telling" me their story, it's always a thrill. I love preparing for the story as well as writing it.

If you could co-author a book with anyone, who would you choose and why? What kind of book do you think would come from the collaboration?
Honestly, I don't think I'd do well co-authoring a book. I really prefer to work alone until it's time for the critique and editing process. I'm a bit of a control freak. LOL!

Where can readers find you on the web?


Thank you!

Thanks so much for being my guest, Kate. And now, let’s have a look at your book:

Weapons of Redemption 4: Marksmen by Saloni Quinby
(M/M Erotic Vampire)

Blurb:

Ansley and Brayden were stolen as boys by the hated vampire pirate, Tarun, to work aboard his ship. As men, their friendship blossomed into a deep, undeniable love. They've built a life together and their home is the headquarters for the brotherhood of five rebels who broke free of their hated master. In the final battle between the vampire pirate and the Weapons of Redemption, Ansley and Brayden's love for each other will either save or destroy them.

Excerpt:

“Brayden.” Ansley turned to face his lover. Scratches marked Brayden’s arms and chest. The fang marks on his neck still oozed blood, the flesh around the punctures bruised from the force of Ansley’s bite. Guilt washed over him, then rage.

Brayden stared at him with calm blue eyes that expressed only love.

“I’m so sorry,” Ansley said in a strained whisper. His fingertips caressed Brayden’s neck, hovering over the vicious bite marks.

Brayden took his hand and kissed his palm. “It’s all right, Ansley. Everything will be all right now.”

“No, it won’t. We’re stuck here with Tarun and --”

Brayden silenced him with a kiss, then whispered against his lips, “We’re together. That’s all that matters.”

“It’s not supposed to be like this.”

“We’ll worry about that later.”

The door opened and two guards entered. Both wore black. One had cropped red hair. The other’s scalp was smooth shaven.

“Master Tarun wants us to show you to your room,” said the bald guard.

“Give us a minute to get dressed,” Brayden said, reaching for their discarded clothes.

“Take all the time you need. We’ll be outside,” said the redhead before both guards left.

“What do we do now?” Ansley asked.

“Go to our room and enjoy Tarun’s hospitality.”

“He hasn’t been very hospitable.”

“I think that might change.”

“Brayden, what’s gotten into you?”

“A dose of good sense. Just follow my lead. I think it’s time we make some changes.”

“What kind of changes?”

Taking Ansley’s face in his hands, Brayden said, “You’ll see. Will you follow me?”

“Anywhere you lead, as always.”



1 comment:

Thank you for stopping by and sharing your thoughts.